Sunday, November 27, 2011

Flounder are here!

Its been a full week of fishing.

Monday: Hit the inlet with My Dad and Brother in law. We caught around 25 flatties almost all undersized. It was fun and action packed but not very productive for table fare.

Tuesday: Had so much fun Monday, I decided to get Heather and the kids out for some flounder jigging. Everyone caught fish, but again not much meat for the freezer. My daughter Marina caught her first Flounder and that was priceless!
Only Two years old!

Wednesday: Decided to try my luck off the beach. Caught 8 small bonnet heads, some croakers and jacks. The ocean looked great with the offshore winds.

Sunday: Finally some decent flounder! Almost everyone at the inlet was pulling them in. Here's the best part, They were keepers. I think I have my strategy figured out for the tournament this weekend. here's a clue.... I'm leaving my boat at home.

Here's 7 Flatties that would of scored 8'4" for the tournament.

don't forget to send in your reports & pics to have them featured on this blog!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great day!! So proud of Baby Marina for catching her first flounder!!! and the good news is I got all your little techniques to be the champion of this tounament.

    ReplyDelete