Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The fat daddy flatties are here.

12/10/11
Its Saturday morning, I feel a kick to my ribs followed by the sound of crying. Its 6:00 am and my daughter just climbed into my bed. She falls asleep but I'm up. After a quick assessment of my day and things that need to be done (including a full shift at work) I decide to go fishing. I jump in my truck and head for the beach. As I cross the causeway I have the urge to check out my bait spot. A few quick casts and I have about 2 dozen finger mullet. I drive right past my beach spot and head for the inlet. Half way there it starts raining. When I get there its still raining. I pull into the north side parking lot and my favorite rock is abandoned, probably because its pouring. I make my move. I head out in the rain get wet, cold, and 3 FAT Flounder within a hour.
I didn't have anyone to take a pic so I leaned my phone against a shoe on the hood of my truck with a timer. It didn't turn out too bad.

Monday:
I planned on having the day off but my schedule got changed the day before...Trigger says lets just go early. I'm down, so he picks me up  at 6:00 am. Another rainy cold morning. Bait was a little harder to come by but we caught enough to make the trip south. My favorite rock was occupied. Plan B; Get in the water and wade. It was cold, wet, and windy. I caught a small flounder and a trout. Trigger caught a Beast of a flattie and a big bluefish. The weather was getting to us, so we made it home in time for me to get to work.

Great job Santa... I mean Trigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment